Tuesday, July 5, 2011

“You've got to get up every morning with determination if you're going to go to bed with satisfaction.”

OY yesterday.

I got up at 6, lugged my suitcase through the metro to HSQ, then down the street to Penn. Waited for 30 or so minutes for a train, then caught them to Secaucus then Passaic. Unloaded my stuff, took a shower, laid down for 45 minutes, then was up and on my way out again.

Caught another train to Secaucus then Penn to meet up with Erin, who would be in NYC for an hour and a half. I found her, took her to some pizza, then we made a mad dash through Macy's since she had never been. Let her take advantage of my employee discount to get a new purse, then sent her on her merry way to Virginia.

Then, I took ANOTHER train to Secaucus, then Passaic, so I could do some laundry. Ended up in a 2 1/2 hour lunch event with Nagymama and my great aunt and uncle? I think that's what they are. Anyway. That was an adventure. Somewhere in the middle I was able to get my laundry done. Around 5:30 I caught YET ANOTHER train to Secaucus, then Penn. I met Heather and we walked over to Lizzi's. She grilled, we sat, ate and chatted, then around 8:10 we walked towards the Hudson.

Good grief was it crowded. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but it was hot and pushy, and I wasn't all that impressed.

It's definitely something I needed to do at least once in my life, but I wouldn't do it again. Next time, I'll find a roof top or a big tv. It's just not the same with no music and just standing in a crowd.

Soon, I will post pictures, though. I promise!

So after the fireworks, we, along with 5 billion other New Yorkers, made our way back towards Penn. I made it there around 10:20 and was so happy to see it wasn't that packed. But then I looked at the timetable. The next train to Secaucus didn't leave until 11:07. UGHHHH.

So I grabbed a spot on the floor and waited. It finally came and luckily I got on. The train out of Secaucus didn't come until 11:48, so I got home sometime after midnight. Then it was a quick shower, 5ish hours of sleep, and exhaustion this morning.

So, in all, I took TEN trains yesterday. TEN. In a roughly 16 hour period. Ridiculous.

Ah, but such is life.

I got up, got ready, then laid back in bed for 20 minutes. Haha. Somehow I pulled myself upright and got myself to the train. Today was all-intern Tuesday. We learned a lot about private brands, had the shortest lunch break in the history of forever, then ran around the city like crazy people. All the interns from last year were put on the "all-star" team and we had to find double what everyone else did. Oh year, it was a scavenger hunt. Sorry, forgot that part. But we ended up finding everything AND getting back before every team but one. You know, we're kind of a big deal. Haha.

After that I went to my team and found out Lauren and I had been moved from our office. Ooookay. So I grabbed all my stuff and set up my new desk. By that time I only had like 30 minutes left of the day, so I just did some filing then went home. Caught the 5:58 just barely out of Secaucus. Got home, made lunches for the week, ate dinner, and now it's 7:17 and I am about to go to sleep. I'm tiiiiired.

OH but here's my outfit for today! I call this my Robin Hood dress....I guess because it's green? Haha I don't know but I LOVE it. It has fabulous draping on the hips and a huge cowl neck. LOVE. IT.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Analytics