Friday, July 1, 2011

“The human race has only one really effective weapon and that is laughter.”

So we didn't get in to see Comedy Central Park. The line literally went for at least a 1/4 of a mile. They let 6,000 people in and there were still probably 2,000 in line. SUUUUUCKS. I was so mad.

So we walked...and walked...and walked until we decided Planet Sushi looked good for dinner.

I got a seaweed salad and spicy tuna roll. It was yummy. I made the waiter leave a pitcher of water. We were both SO thirsty. haha. They took forever to bring us the check, but once they finally did we went back to her place. We also stopped at Pinkberry, which was fruity and yummy.

I ended up sleeping on the floor, but I slept surprisingly well.

I woke up Thursday morning SO nauseous. It was awful. I took a zantac to try to make it better but it didn't get better. I got on the 1 to get to work hoping it would just resolve itself. Around 103 street, I got that watery mouth shaky feeling like I was going to puke. I was like OH NO I am not going to be that girl that pukes on the subway. So I got out at 96th Street and just prayed that it would pass. I was going to go up and get a taxi, because the swaying of the train made it worse, but the 2 express came and I figured I could handle it. I made it to work, but I felt awful the rest of the morning.

I don't really know what caused it, because I got better by the afternoon. But it was AWFUL. I'm thinking maybe I got really dehydrated and tired and mixed that with sleeping on the floor. Not good.

So anyway. Work on Thursday was busy, but then we went to the parade studio in the afternoon. We actually got to take charter busses this year. Very exciting. I love the parade studio. Everyone that works there LOVES their job. It's so cool to see.

Thursday night I went back to Jersey and packed up for the weekend.

Today I had to be THAT girl with the suitcase on the train. I succeeded fairly well. Work was good. I went to Kmart after work with Prescella and....another intern whose name I can't remember. But she's really nice! So we got a little twin air mattress and a hand pump because it was cheap. Haha oh boy. We parted ways and I grabbed the 1 up there. Ohhh the subway was a bit of an adventure with the suitcase.

I made it up here and just hung out in their "quad" til she got off work. I use quotes because it's a tiny patch of grass surrounded by benches and concrete. Heh. Then we put my stuff up and headed down to Broadway to try our luck at Wicked lottery tickets. We put our names in, but unfortunately we didn't win. Boooo. So we took the metro down to Union Square to walk around. Then we spotted the Big Gay Ice Cream Truck!! We have both always wanted to try it, so we got in a MASSIVE line. We both got Monday Sundaes, and they were amazing. Totally worth the wait.

After that we walked around for a while, then headed towards Benny's Burritos for dinner. It was PACKED. but I love Benny's. We got our food and ridiculously strong margaritas. I couldn't even finish it it was too strong. It just made both of us REALLY giggly. hahaha. We walked a bit then headed back uptown. Went to the store and got a fan.

Tomorrow, we're going to explore Brooklyn a bit and go to the flea market. YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Analytics