Sunday, July 17, 2011

“Always remember to slow down in life; live, breathe, and learn; take a look around you whenever you have time and never forget everything and every person that has the least place within your heart.”

So last night after the beach I lounged in the hammock and relaxed. It was amazing. We had fresh clams that they had gotten from the bay (?) the day before. SO delicious! After dinner we sang happy birthday to Sara and gave her presents and cake. I got her a Ralph Lauren top from Bloomies. (I think I already mentioned that. Oh well. It was adorable.) After that, we decided to play spoons. It got INTENSE. hahaha it was so much fun though. They play it like horse where if you don't get a spoon you get a letter, which makes it a whole lot longer, but I like it better than a one and done sort of deal.

Went to bed sometime after midnight. Sleeping on the porch is amazing. I happened to wake up in time for the sunrise this morning. It was so beautiful.

After breakfast, everyone got ready for the beach. Jim was going out in the canoe, so I asked if I could tag along. I have never been in a canoe, or fished with a lure, so I was excited. We paddled around the channel/sound/creek/whatever for a little over an hour and I caught THREE blue fish! It was so cool! They were all big enough to keep, but we already had lunch planned so we threw them back. But that was so much fun. I'm pretty sure I'm going to get a canoe/kayak when I get back to Bama. Being on the water is just way too good to pass up.

I got REALLY tan over the past few days, and the canoeing helped that a lot. After that I stole the hammock again for a while, then we ate lunch, packed everything up and hit the road. I got back to Nagymama's around 5:45. I've been trying to deal with my portfolio but I really need to do laundry.

I can't believe there are only 2 weeks left. This is unreal. This week I'm in the office a lot, need to practice our presentation a lot, and then we present Friday morning! I can't believe it. But we're ready, so that is good.

Next week, I get to go volunteer with Material For the Arts for Partners in Time. I love Partners in Time and I love that they get the interns involved in it.

But anywho. PICTURES.

So this is one of the dresses I bought online at Macy's. The fabric is awful, but it's pretty. It has the nice draping pleats in the front, and it has POCKETS. Which I love. We know this. It's some random brand that I'm pretty sure they don't even bother to carry in stores. Oh well.

I put it on Thursday morning and decided it looked too dressed up for work. Really and truly, "business casual" in the fashion industry is a huuuge spectrum, and this would have been totally appropriate. Though thankfully, I opted not to wear it, because I almost died of heat stroke when I stepped out of the house that morning.

I moved on to this dress next. I like it, and I wear it on game day all the time, but for some reason I just wasn't feeling it. Of course by this point it was 7:25 so I really needed to make a decision.

Which, of course, brought me to the other dress I bought online at Macy's. It's again some obscure brand. But it's pretty and flowy and nice and light. And I could FINALLY wear my brown wedges!!

As you can see, they are ridiculous platform wedges. And I adore them. They make me SO tall and they are surprisingly comfortable. No, but really. I have awful feet so very few heels are manageable. I survived running around the office all day in these! I love them. I just don't have enough outfits that go with brown shoes.

This was my outfit for Friday. The top is from Forever 21. I'd really like to avoid shopping there again because there's just no excuse for the poor quality. Or the illogical design. This top has a side zip. There is absolutely no need for a side zip in a pull on top. Oy. But my favorite go to pants, and my love love love Toms for Neiman's lace up Toms. Ohhh those shoes are like heaven on my feet. They saved me after dealing with the slipper shoe debacle.

This is the escalator to exit the 53rd & Lex subway station. I swear it goes straight up for like 5 minutes. It's insane!

Ohh the Hampton Jitney. 1990s seats and all.

These were another online Macy's purchase! They're part of the Shop for a Better World site, and they are made by female artisans in Haiti. I love them!

And now we're on to Long Island pictures... :)







No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Analytics