Saturday, July 23, 2011

“The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.”

So now I'm distracted by the fact that my computer keeps making a weird clicking sound. But I'll try to focus.

This week was crazy busy. We were getting ready for our presentation, and my designers were getting ready for a big meeting. I sketched up SO much stuff in illustrator, it was insane. But I love doing that. It makes me feel useful. :)

Nagymama and I made cream cheese cookies so I could bring them in to work. Everyone went nuts over them! Haha secret family recipes are the best.

Friday was our presentation day. It went REALLY well. Everyone enjoyed it and said we had great presentation skills. They expected a lot of us because we were all returning interns, and I think we did a good job.

I decided that this weekend I wanted to stay in a hotel. I wanted time to go fabric shopping and thrifting and to Strand and yada yada and not have to lug my crap all over the place and worry about trying to get back to Jersey. So after a loooong ordeal Thursday night, mom helped me book a room for Friday and Saturday night. My internet wasn't working of course, so it was an adventure trying to relay to her what I wanted to do.

So after work yesterday Prescella, Lauren, Michelle, Lizzi and I went to Dallas BBQ in Times Square. It was madness and ridiculously large. But the food was yummy. After that I came to the hotel, checked in, reveled in my king size bed and fabulous air conditioning, then made my way to the fabric stores. I got a few yards of one I wasn't expecting to get, but I LOVE it. I'm going back today for one I had my eye on but wasn't sure of. I WILL get all my senior collection fabric here!

After that I hopped the metro down to Union Square to go to Strand. I picked up three or so books on fashion illustration because I really want to improve that, as well as a new fiction book for the train. Even though I only have one week left...oh well.

Yesterday was one of the hottest days I've ever experienced in my life. There was no escaping it. I got three shades darker from being in the sun. I know it gets hot in Alabama and Florida, but we go from air conditioned house to air conditioned car to air conditioned school/work. We're never really out IN it , unless we choose to be. Here, you don't have a choice. We walk everywhere, we take public transit, we have to get places without the use of a car. So it's HOT all the time and you can't get away from it.

But I survived, so it's all good. I went to Schnipper's to grab dinner. It was AMAZING. A bit more expensive than I was expecting, but totally worth it. After that I just snuggled in my bed and worked on my portfolio. And, for the pages I have, I FINISHED them. How exciting!! I watched some movies, explored the free tea, then went to bed.

I slept SO well. It was fabulousamazingilovedit. I got up at 8, went downstairs for free breakfast, then came back up and laid in bed for a while. It's just SO comfy, and I really needed some Theresa unwind time. Eventually, I got up, showered, and now I'm getting ready to head out to the Hell's Kitchen Flea Market, which is literally at the end of my block. Sweeeet. I'm going to try to snag some free waters from the front desk guy. =P He was super nice. I was disappointed they didn't give me a room with a view like I had reserved, but I realized he was doing me a favor. I have the corner room on the 30th floor. It is slightly larger than every other room, and it faces another building, so it's SILENT. It's amazing. So huzzah for that.

Today I'm going to the flea market, hitting up a few thrift stores, running by the fabric store again, then loungingggg. And finding the fitness room that eluded me yesterday. Haha

I didn't want to spend the money, but I'm SO glad I did. This is the perfect way to spend my last weekend in New York City. :)

Oh pictures? sure..

jk, too slow. sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Analytics