Tuesday, June 28, 2011

"IT'S NOT A SLIDE!"

I woke up today a lot more well rested and with a bit better outlook. I've been in freak out mode about life and the future and everything for too long and I realized today I just need to calm down and take things as they come. I've always been such a planner and I need to stop trying so hard to plan my life. Things are happening as they should and I need to let them.

So yeah. Decided today I'd mix it up a bit and wear a skirt instead of a dress. (I really wasn't kidding when I said I hate pants. And I really hate how I look in them now. Jeans excluded...but only sometimes.) I also decided to mix prints, which I think is fun. So here's the outfit:


(Please excuse the hair...the shower and I are still on poor terms, so I had to use the upstairs one again and for some reason it just makes my hair do weird things.)

But anyway. The under top I love and I got it a while ago, I think at Macy's. Yeah, I think it's either Alfani or INC. Either way, it's a really beautiful top with awesome handfeel and nice detail around the neck. But it has like a circular collar so my bra straps show, so I usually wear something over it. Today I decided to go with this striped top I got forever ago at Lane Bryant. It's a pretty manly top, but it works when I belt it. It's kind of funny how huge it is on me, though. I'm super pleased about that, but it looks AWFUL without a belt.

In case you can't see it, the macy's top has small abstract polka dots on it. I don't know how you all feel about me mixing these two, but I was pretty pleased with it. Oh, the skirt is the Belk one from the Ttown Belk before it got awful. (I still hold a grudge, JSYK.....)

So I was pretty pleased with it. It helped me mix things up a bit.

Work today was pretty good. We had a materials meeting, which was really long but really interesting. I sorted some catalogs, made some boards, and helped with the meeting.

I also figured out my 4th of July plans, so huzzah for that!

But what I'm REALLY excited about is Comedy Central Park tomorrow night!! Jim Gaffigan and John Pinette are two of my absolute FAVORITE comedians. I CAN'T WAIT.

In trying to find a good quote for the title, I reminded myself why I love them both. Seriously, if you haven't heard one or either of them, go youtube it. Now. Now now now nownow.

Okay, I'll do it for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKVQY-LQ_3o

Well, that's John Pinette. Internet just went slow so you'll have to find Jim Gaffigan yourself. I couldn't find any of the manatee bit, but if you can, it's totally worth it.


I'M SO EXCITEDDDDDDD!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Analytics