Tuesday, July 12, 2011

“Learn everything you can, anytime you can, from anyone you can - there will always come a time when you will be grateful you did.”

So what did I do Sunday? A whole lot of nothing. And it was grand. The Harry Potter marathon and I were buds, even though I only saw bits and pieces of a few of them. Oh well. Did I mention last time that I sketched out what I hope will be my senior collection? I'm REALLY excited. Obviously, I'd love to share with you, but some people are CRAFTY and I'm not about to reveal my secrets. =P But in November, you'll see. :)

Monday was good. I did a lot of sketching in illustrator. If I weren't sketching for Summer 2012, I'd try to post some of the things I've done. I'm REALLY happy with how some of it has come out. However, these are still in line development, so there's no way I could post things. I'm telling you, these crafty people are CRAFTY.

Last night was nice. I sat and ate dinner and talked with Nagymama for over an hour. And it was pleasant. We talked about Nagypapa and the lake and the war and Hungary and Palco and yada yada. It was a good night.

Today I worked on the final project ALL DAY. Oh my goodness. It was intense, but SO much more pleasant than last year. We laughed A LOT which is a miracle and it shows you we actually get along. Huzzah!

At the end of the day we did a rehearsal and got really positive feedback. God bless Dr. Sharpe, all of the presentations we have to do for CBH have finally helped me get rid of the habit of not breathing when I present. so happy.

I was so pleased when I caught the 6:28 train. Love getting back earlier. Ate dinner, chatted again, and now I need to do some research for school, portfolio, life, etc etc. Tomorrow is all day in the office. Yay!

I can't believe there are only 2 1/2 weeks left.

Oh, did I tell you I did a midpoint review thing with Diane on Monday? It was fabulous. She basically said she already views me as part of the team and sometimes she forgets to direct me and she's glad that I'm able to self manage so well. AND she said she really hopes they hire me. YAY. I love her. She is absolutely amazing, and so is her team. They make me so happy.

So yeah. work work work for the rest of the week, fabric shopping/portfolio printing/buying on Friday, then Long Island for the rest of the weekend! Yaaaay beach!


Ohhh side bar. Ready? No? Yeah, I thought not.

But I've just realized lately how easy it is to take things for granted. I run up and down the basement steps like a goat, and it's really difficult for Nagymama to get down there. I have not the best vision, but I'm in a generation where it's acceptable and common to get the right eyeglasses. I didn't have to go through a war, or sleep under a table. I may not be as well off as some of the girls whose parents are paying their way through NYC, but I'm so incredibly lucky and blessed to have family that lives so close and is willing to let me stay with them for months at a time.

So yeah. Hug a grandparent. They can have the worst eating habits and talk about your messy room behind your back to your other relatives, but they're something special.

Fun fact: I saw a Lamborghini driving down the road last night. What on earth was it doing in Passaic??

OH also. I haven't been doing outfits! Shame on me. Here you go!


My outfit from Friday. Jeans and my looovely Elle top from Kohl's. With a cami underneath from...Lane Bryant, I think?

My outfit from today. I couldn't decide what to wear. This skirt is actually really big on me now, so I kept having to hike it up all day. Which was kind of nice. :) I got it a while ago, and I don't remember where. The top is a mystery too. But the cami is the same LB one. haha

Oh Calvin. There's a reason we're BFF. This dress is one of them. It's got the ridiculously full skirt and the flattering darts. The only thing I don't like is the extra godet at the back. I look like I have a tail way too often. But I'll forgive you, CK.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Analytics