Saturday, July 2, 2011

"No, I am not seasick. Yes, I've always been green. No, I didn't eat grass as a child."

Ohhhh today. You were aaaaawesome.

Got up entirely too early, got ready, and headed over to Williamsburg. We went to Smorgasburg, which is essentially a small farmer's market. meh. not too impressed. From there, we headed to Beacon's Closet, a faaaaabulous thrift/vintage store. I loved it. SO excited about what I got. :) From there, we went to another farmer's market, then Junk, Buffalo Exchange, and Monk. I got the tackiest purse ever, but it'll be PERFECT for my sewing stuff. Huzzah! After that, we walked to Vinnie's Pizza, because we hadn't eaten all day, and they have vegetarian and vegan pizza. I got yummy bbq chicken pizza and she got some vegan pizza. It was amaaaazing. From there, we went to Herald Square and went to Macy's for a bit. I got the cutest Michael Kors sweater for like, $20 when it was originally $120. BARGAIN! We sat in HSQ for a bit, then we headed back up Broadway to try our hand at the Wicked lottery again.

We met some nice girls in line and I commented on how I liked her Chacos. It turns out one of them was from Alabama and had just graduated from Auburn. Hahaha. So we chatted a while. We were first in line to sign up, so we did that, grabbed money from the ATM then came back.

At 6, the cutie bearded man (in his Bouncing Souls t-shirt...lol he was a cutie..) came out and started announcing names. GUESS WHO GOT CALLED FIRST?!!? We were SOOOO excited! We got our tickets, freaked out a bit, then went to Pax to grab dinner. We headed back to the Gershwin Theatre around 7:15, I got a souvenir cup for $5 and we went inside. We were FRONT ROW. FRONT. ROW. FOR $26.25. Unbelievable. The show was absolutely AMAZING. The orchestra was incredible, and everything about the show was impeccable. The costumes were jaw droppingly impressive.

After that, I just continued my happy daze down the subway back uptown.

For my first Broadway experience, I got to sit FRONT ROW at Wicked for $26.25.

UNREAL.

1 comment:

  1. That's insane!!!!!!! I'm so jealous!

    I saw Wicked when it was in Birmingham and I was so far back I had a hard time seeing.

    Not that I am trying to draw a comparison with that experience and Broadway. Front row. $26.25.

    You lucky duck!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Real Time Analytics