Wednesday, July 13, 2011

"In everything I did, I showed you that by this kind of hard work we must help the weak, remembering the words the Lord Jesus himself said: 'It is more blessed to give than to receive.'"

Ohhh hump day. You can be a big pain in the butt.

Today was HOT again. Oy. I wore my puuurdy dress with my pink belt and my old Target grey shoes. I was pleased with it.

Work was good. Ran around like a crazy person for a good portion of the day, then sat in on some meetings, bought 500 pounds of Starbursts (I kid you not. Well, I kid you a little. But it was over 50 bags. YEP.) then went to Saks. OH SAKS. It wasn't too bad. Got a cab up there (ahhh the wonders of working for a corporation), made the return, and went out to 5th to try to catch a cab back. NOTHING. Everyone said no when I told them where I wanted to go. Weird. So I walked out to Madison hoping it would be less insane. Told a guy 31st & 7th, he nodded his head and I got in. As we drove off I repeated, "THIRTY FIRST AND SEVENTH." and he was like "SEVENTIETH AND FIRST" I'm like "NO NEAR PENN STATION" so he turns the corner and goes oh. I was like uh, yeah? So he stops and says, "here, you can catch one going this way." I'm like ok? So I got out, tried to catch another one, FAILED, and then got mad and walked back. ALL THE WAY BACK. IN THE HEAT. IN MY SLIPPER SHOES. Oh the joys of NYC cab drivers and their stupidness. And trying to fight tourists because OF COURSE I had to walk through Times Square. I LOVE IT SO MUCH.

Just kidding. I really do love NYC. I just hate experiences like that.

The plus side: I totally got LOTS of exercise.

I did a few things at work then left and caught the 7 o clock home. Ordered dinner cause I was tired and lazy and craving chinese. They got here really quick and it was really delicious. Happy Theresa. Happy, portion controlling Theresa. I'm VERY close to the first of my two goals and I should reach it by like, next week. YAY!

Oh yeah, to add to my rage today, the train from Penn to Secaucus was pretty full, as it usually is, so I asked a guy who had his backpack on the seat to move it so I could sit down. He grumbles a bit, but moves it. I sit down and he proceeds to jab his elbow into my side while hunt and peck texting on his stupid 2001 PDA. I was like, are you kidding me? A two passenger seat is made for TWO people. And I'm already shoving myself as far into the armrest as I can since you're being such a jerk. So yeah, that was fun to deal with.

But ohhh wells.

Let's see..

Oh, well, I'm not going to go into specifics, but I felt very compelled by God to give back lately, so I've been able to do so and it feels amazing. I know I might be stretching myself a bit, but I also know that that's the time when I get to see God working in amazing ways.

Oh yeah, the other reason I was cranky today is my phone keeps losing signal and data and yada yada. I took it to the AT&T store and they said I have to go to the Apple store, so I'm going to go to the crazy cube on 59th or the store on 14th on Friday after work and hopefully they can fix it.

Anywho. This post is a mess. I apologize.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Analytics