Friday, July 23, 2010

Take me to the city by the bay.

I love New York.

I know some people really hate it, or thought they would love it, then found out they hated it, but I thought I would be indifferent to it, and it turns out I'm absolutely in love with it.

Today at work we talked to Debbie...shoot. She is the...VP of INC. I think. I really need to check my notes. She was intense, but I think she had a lot of good insight. (MMGers...I almost typed 'insite'. Oy.) Then, we had a presentation skills workshop. Oy. I think it probably would have been helpful to have that a bit earlier, but it was still nice to get some pointers. I'm still super nervous for my presentation, though. After that, I went to Macy's to return the stuff I bought last week. I decided I wouldn't ever wear it. I was planning on wearing the dress this weekend, buuuut. Yeah.

After that, Prescella met me, and we decided to get lunch. I hadn't eaten since noon yesterday, so needless to say, I was pretty hungry. She met me at Macy's, and I decided to bring her to Benny's Burritos, a really yummy mexican place in Greenwich Village, which happens to be my favorite part of the city. Greenwich Village, not this specific burrito place. So we hoped the train down to 14th Street, my directional skills failed me, and we walked a few blocks in the wrong direction before I realized. Oops. Luckily, Prescella's cool, so it was all good. =P We also stopped into a few boutiques, just for fun. Once we were going in the right direction, it was only a few blocks from the subway. It was nice to go back. Joe and I had a nice time there last summer. The prices are pretty decent, especially for the amount of food you get, plus free soda, chips, and salsa. Yum. I got tacos, and Prescella got a quesadilla. She really liked the place, so I was glad. We both boxed up half of ours, because we were stuffed. From there, I decided we should go to Union Square, because it makes me really happy. We started trekking over there, and stopped in a few more stores.

We found Urban Outfitters, which was fun. I usually don't care much for it, just because of how trendy and pretentious it can be, but the one we went to really wasn't all that bad. I never realized 14th Street was so busy all the time. But it was fun, there was a lot of activity. I got something there, then we continued on. We made it to Union Square, and went into Whole Foods. Holy moly, that place was NUTS. It was really cool though. Hip cool and temperature cool. Did I mention it was close to 100 degrees today? Not so good. We were all a mess. Haha. So we looked around there a bit, then went on. I looked up once we got outside, and realized there was a Nordstrom Rack right there. YES! Sarah had been telling me about that place, and I so wanted to go. So we went in, and ah, love. I really enjoy Nordstrom anyway, so to have all of it 50-60% off was AMAZING. Of course, their plus size section was noticeably missing, which was depressing, but hellooooo handbags and accessories. I got really cute Betsey Johnson earrings for myself, and presents for Kathy and Cameron. I was excited. =D From there, we went into the tiny Union Square Park, and I realized the farmer's market was still going! So we browsed through there, then decided it was too crowded. We started trekking slowly up 7th Avenue, and before we knew it, we were in Madison Square Park. It's a cute park, and a lot less crowded. We got Mister Softee because I had never had it. It was delicious and cold. It had rained a while this morning, so everything was pretty wet. We found a bench that had been shielded by a tree, and sat. We probably sat there for like an hour. heh. I had to text to figure out stupid moving nonsense, but hopefully that's settled. Love you guys. =) After that, I knew I needed to stop by Macy's for something, and it was only 11 or so blocks, so we just walked. Slowly.

Turns out, Broadway below 34th is pretty much...nothing. A bunch of sketchy shops that close early on a Friday night. Strange. So we got to Macy's, I got my dad a present, the cupcake lady was really mean to us, and then we left. She caught the subway back to Brooklyn, I caught the train to Secaucus/Passaic. I got to talk to Cameron for a while while I waited for the train at Secaucus. That was nice, since we haven't really gotten to talk much besides the whole, AIRTRAN SUCKS thing. Now, I am SO exhausted, I'm going to just veg and eventually pass out.

Also, to bring that first part full circle, I love New York. You can have a new experience every single day, and it's really a wonderful place. Yes, there are a lot of people, but it makes life interesting. I spent my day at work, in stores, in parks, in funky little shops, and I got to walk everywhere. It's amazing.

Oh, PICTURES.


I love Sidewalk Catwalk. <3


Central Park. I looove it so much.


These guys were seriously talented.


Can you tell me why the rain water was bright green??


Benny's! I love it.


Haha Prescella cheesin'


mmmmmm.....


Union Square Park, I think.


Farmer's Market!


Madison Square Park!


Tourist! Tourist!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Analytics