Thursday, July 22, 2010

And when I say let's keep in touch, I really mean I wish that you'd grow up.

I'm back to using the song lyrics stuck in my head as titles. Oy.

So today, not so great. Started out getting up at 5:30 and spending an hour uploading pictures to print for my portfolio. $80 spent all before 7 am. Lovely. Went to work. Dan was uber late to our presentation, so we ended up going at like 9:15 instead of 8. And they LOVED our content, but hated the way we presented it. Apparently we were not as bubbly and excited as we should have been. And I sounded like I was regurgitating something I memorized. EXCELLENT. The rest of the day we worked on random things, and I kept checking in on Cameron to see how his quest for a NYC flight was going. I went to Adorama to pick up my prints. I definitely recommend them. Went back, kept checking. Suddenly like all of the flights filled up. Oy. Left work, decided to wait in Central Park til we figured out his success. I went to the Strand stand (which I LOVE. I love books in general...) and got Neil Gaiman's Fragile Things. LOVE it. Love him, really. I saw him speak and read at the Bama Theatre last semester, and I fell in love. He is an amazing writer. I definitely recommend him as well. I spent several hours at the park, and we were pretty sure Cameron was going to get on the 7 o'clock flight.

And then Airtran royally screwed him.

They didn't roll over his standby list, so people who had shown up 20 minutes before the flight got on, while he and a guy who had been there since 8 am didn't.

WHAT. THE. .....

yeah. So at that point, he was screwed out of the flight, and had no options of getting up here. He had to give it up and just go home.

UGH.

So I trekked my way back to Penn and came back to Jersey, defeated.

Of course, I haven't slept more than 5 hours a night for the past week or so, so I've been emotional and weepy.. EXCELLENT. That's exactly how I like to be. So I was the crazy girl crying in Central Park....and on the train...

but anyway.

I feel SO terrible that Cameron waited around in the airport all day, only to have them do that. Airtran boycott begins immediately. And now I've found out all of my stuff has to be out of the house by Saturday at noon because the people who run the Retreat are idiots and have different rules for subleasers. WHATEVER. I can't wait to be rid of that place and those people. I got my power set up today, so that was good. Comcast tried to charge me $135 a month for cable and internet. UH, NO. (I just realized I type how I speak...oh dear.) So I have to get that all set up before next Friday as well. And find myself a flight home. And pack. And ship everything. OY.

Mom's package finally got here, so I can put my portfolio together. That will be good. She also sent me a really nice bookmark that said really nice things.

Which, of course, made me cry again.

EXCELLENT. I'm that girl now.

Oh, here. Pretty Central Park!


ok, so not really pretty, but you get the point. I was in the park. It was lovely. I was reading Neil Gaiman.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know you had a blog! Awesome! It makes me want to start writing again.

    Luv u!!

    -Lindsay

    ReplyDelete

Real Time Analytics