Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Summer lovin', had me a blast. Summer lovin', happened so fast.

I feel like I need to explain last night. I had an awesome night, but I ended up going to bed around 1:30. Then I got up this morning at 5:30. I felt like death. So, onto today.

Oh, today. I got in around 7:20, grabbed coffee at Primo Cappuccino (STRONG = espresso added. love it. totally worth an extra dollar.) then headed to Herald Square. Got to the 14th floor and realized I didn't know where I was going. Oops. Found Angie and Blaine, and went to the conference room. Nothing was set up, so instead of presenting at 8, we ended up presenting around 9. Unfortunately, my skills were lacking, and they said I sounded scripted and bored. UGH. So we sat through a few others, got breakfast, and then just worked on different things. We watched a lot of other groups. Then, Rush showed up, and we wanted to show him our presentation. So we presented again. This time, I was determined to get it. And I was pissed off. They say anger is a great motivator. And, well, it is. Blaine thought polling the audience on something would be stupid, but I said eff that and went with my gut, and it made everything infinitely better. Everyone said that it was SO much better, and they really liked it. SO THERE. You always have to stick to your guns. After that, it was lunch time, so they went to lunch, and I went to return something at Macy's. After I returned it, to the extremely rude saleswoman, I went to the Cellar to look for gifts for people. I found AMAZING things, which I can't post on here, because then it wouldn't be a surprise! But trust me, they are wonderful. So then, we watched more presentations, then at 3, we had a little farewell party. Awww. They got us all Poken, aka the coolest thing EVER. So we spent time messing with those and eating free pretzels. After the fun, we worked on the handout and finished it. It took a while, but I finally figured out how to print double sided from the computer. That was fun.

Oh, in the middle of the day today, I get a call from a frantic Nagymama that she missed the UPS guy. I, of course, had my phone on silent so I didn't hear it until a few minutes later. By that point, she had called my mom, my dad, and Lord knows who else. I called UPS to get them to come back, and called Nagymama to stop calling people. Ha. So that was fun to deal with.. ooh well.

After work, I met up with Liz and we went to Ginger House, a cheap, yummy Thai place on 7th that I get a discount at. Yay Macy's! It was really yummy, and REALLY loud. But it's super cheap, and good. How many times can I reiterate that?

After that, I caught the train, and got the 7:55 back. Now time to relax and just get myself ready for the official presentation tomorrow morning. I'm much more confident now, and I like that. I'm also excited to get to go back to the office tomorrow as well. I love my team so much. Oh, I got fabric from them today too! YAAAAY I love fabric. But, of course, that means I have more stuff to ship. Ohhh well. Gotta love last minute shopping and whatnot.

Diane keeps reminding me to tell them that she wants me back next summer. I asked, and they said they generally don't do that, just so I can see other areas. But it's super flattering that she wants me back. And she is adamant about it. She asks me daily if I've requested it yet. I would definitely love to work with them all again, but unfortunately, Macy's isn't too keen on the idea. Oh well. I'll most definitely keep in touch!

I can't believe I have THREE days left. This summer has flown. I've had such an amazing time, and I can't believe I have to say good bye to everyone.

Tomorrow, I have my presentation, then I'll be in the office all day, then I'm going to dinner at Wild Edibles (aka my cousin's restaurant. GO if you're in the city. It's amazing) to see Sarah and Paul.

Oh, New York. I'm going to miss you SO much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Analytics