Monday, July 26, 2010

but most of all i like liking you

Today was a great day. It started out iffy, because I needed to mail my check to H.A. Edwards and I couldn't figure out the dang post office. Oy. So then I was almost late to work. Oy oy. But it worked out. Thaaanks mom. =] Got to work, and spent the morning sprucing up my portfolio. Kristen and Sarah were really helpful, and Diane made me super nervous, but it all worked out okay. At 11, I met with Leslie to talk about the program, and my thoughts and yada yada. That was nice. Then a little after 11:30 I met with Ron Van Doren, VP of Design for Men's INC, American Rag, and Slade Wilder. That's what I call intimidating. He was actually amazing. We were supposed to meet for 30 minutes, but we talked for well over an hour. He had some awesome insight, and genuinely seemed interested in my portfolio and everything I've done. That felt good. I definitely am confident that I made the right impression.

Around 1, I made it back to my desk. My team was in and out of meetings all day, so I kind of did my own thing. Alanna and I went to europa for lunch, which was nice. The rest of the day, I worked on some other stuff, then I cut pants out of posterboard. haha oh boy. Then I did the fit book, then it was time to go!

I hope the 6:36 out of Penn (suuuucked. so packed) then the 7 out of Secaucus (people smelled BAD). Then, instead of getting off at Passaic, I took it to Ridgewood, and Pearl, Jim, and Kati met me at the station. Yay! We parked and walked to 'The Office', a cute burger place in town. Ridgewood is uber trendy. But really cute (I know Joe LOVES the fact that I think it's "cute"). So we got some burgers, then I finally got a Crumbs cupcake. haha. Honestly, I wasn't that impressed. I think people are right when they say it's becoming the Starbucks of cupcakes. Yeah, it's good I guess, but not omg super awesome...I suppose it has mass appeal? Trendy appeal? I don't know. At that point, I had to jump in and say I needed to get home to go to bed. Ha. So Pearl and Kati drove me back to Nagymama's, and Jim ran for the hills (nice, Jim). Just kidding. He had to drive Kati's car home. And walk the dog. HA. So we chatted with Nagymama for a while, then they helped me carry everything downstairs. THANK YOU! So then they left, and I taped all the shipping labels onto the boxes. That was...interesting. Then I talked to mom, then I showered. I have to be up at 5:30 tomorrow. Not good.

Tomorrow, I have my dress rehearsal at 8 am, then I'm in and out of the office the rest of the day. Also, UPS will come by to pick up all the stuff. Thank goodness. Then I do believe I'm going to meet Liz for dinner. Yay!

So for now, good night. No pictures tonight, I'm very sorry. I must sleep.

1 comment:

Real Time Analytics