Thursday, June 24, 2010

Hey! Let's run around the city all day when it's 95 degrees outside! Now let's make it a scavenger hunt!

Today was fun. For my half day in the office, I steamed clothes and did research on StyleSight for a new top to add to the Spring '11 collection. Then I got lunch at Europa with Alanna. Yay design interns! haha. Then we all met on the 9th floor, and separated into our FOBs. We chatted with Rush for a bit, then got back in our color groups, and were told we'd be going on a scavenger hunt around the city. Uhm, exciting? YES. So we got a flip video camera, a list of missions, and metrocards. We started at Central Park, went to Columbus Circle, then to a street performer (an AMAZING violinist), then it downpoured. Oy. Then we went to Strawberry Field, then back to Fashion Ave. Went to Mood, the button and needle, the Fashion Walk of Fame, then to Macys. Got customers, modeled stuff, then ran back to Penn Plaza. We were the first team back by like, 20 minutes. It was awesome. We got EVERYTHING on the list, including the bonuses. We beat the other teams by over 400 points. ahahaha. I am NOT competitive with things like this, but we really destroyed. Then we broke out into Final Project groups, and our group made a lot of progress! yay! Clocked, and ran to Penn. RAN to get on the 6:03, and the conductor pushed me off and said she didn't have room for anyone else!! I was so pissed! So I ran back up and got the 6:11, which left like 7 minutes late. Ugh. Then this train lost power too! What?!? Ugh. Got to Secaucus at 6:28. Of course, my train leaves at 6:28, so I ran again, and got on just before it left. YES. Nooow I really want to go in the pool. I'm SO tired. But I won another Starbucks giftcard. woohoo. haha I'm saving then for Alabama, when I reeeeeally need coffee.

I THINK this weekend I'm going away, so that's exciting. If not, Alanna and I will probably hit the museums. Either way, I'm excited. I don't do the traditional go out and get smashed thing. Honestly, I don't drink, and bars aren't really my scene. I'm a nerd, but I'm good with it. I enjoy myself. =]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Analytics