Monday, June 7, 2010

First day down!

Hello all!

Today was the first day of my Macy's internship! I woke up at 4:30 am, caught the 6:02 train, and got in about 45 minutes early. It was either that or be late, sooo I just grabbed some coffee and sat in Herald Square. Walked down to the Macy's side entrance at 7:45, and all 59 of us crammed into the lobby. After that, we were taken up to a presentation room, where we spent most of the day. We learned a lot about the company, and the different positions and responsibilities. We went to 11 Penn Plaza, filled out paperwork, got namebadges, and saw the HR department. Went back, had two bites of ice cream, then met Diane, the woman I will be working for! =D She is a designer for wovens for  Charter Club. I will be working with her, her two designers, and their two assistants. I have my own little cubicle! =D I will be working most time with them, then have days where all of the interns get together for projects. Everyone else was super nice, and I'm soooooo excited. =D It's a really structured program, which I really appreciate. I can't wait to really get into it! =D For now, I need some SLEEP.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Analytics