Wednesday, January 18, 2012

“The most authentic thing about us is our capacity to create, to overcome, to endure, to transform, to love and to be greater than our suffering.”

I know, I know. I should be asleep. Insomnia is a jerk, isn't she?

Today I had to go to TWO classes AND work. Phew. It was a rough day.

Just kidding.

But actually, it was. I'm getting sick. BLEH. I know it's cause I've worn myself down. It's frustrating when you can feel yourself getting sick and there's absolutely nothing you can do. Oy.

Marketing should be..interesting. She seems super nice and excited, but she jumps back and forth between lecture and five hundred million video clips. Which is cool, and some of them are relevant, but it's just way too many. We shall see how that class goes.

Work was good. We all went to lunch. First, we had an adventure of fitting four people into a truck meant to seat three. Oops. But we made it. Theeen I went to Tonya's class UH300 the art of giving back. Basically, we are planning an art show and also creating the things to be sold. I'm really excited about it. I talked to her about getting Fashion, Inc. involved as well.

I'm the only one in the class with an "art" background. HA. "art" background. I sew. I can't draw, can't do much else. I make clothes. But anyway. We had to go around and introduce ourselves and our art experience, and I went first. Oops. I think I intimidated people. BUT I think it's going to be a fun class.

We also have to keep a daily journal of thoughts and whatnot. I think that might help me deal with some of my life nonsense. I hope.

So after class I talked to Tonya for a bit. I really like her. I hope I can help make the show big.

After that I took Lindsay home, came home and ate my veggie sandwich (lettuce, spinach, carrots, sprouts, hummus on Ezekiel bread. OMG DELICIOUS!) Then I headed out in the monsoon for the Fashion, Inc. officer meeting. Everyone showed up. Yay! We talked about all the plans I have for us (of course it's a lot) and I'm excited. It's going to be time consuming, but well worth it I hope.

Once I got home, I just...did nothing. I'm being miss mopeypants tonight. Life is kicking my butt. So I watched tv, listened to whiney music and blew my nose 403843048 million times while cursing my immune system. I should have been sewing, or sleeping, or something, but I just couldn't will myself to do anything.

Ah, such is life. I have to get out of this funk soon. My stupid emotions are out of control. I need them to shut up and sit down and let me be happy.

SO anyway. This isn't supposed to be sad sally blog. Let's see.

Oh, we're still working on the weight loss goals. Always always. BUT. We have a delicious amazing fruit & veggie shake for breakfast made with my wonderful magical Vitamix, then we have an awesome veggie sandwich for lunch and either nothing or something happy and healthy for dinner.

As of now, I'm only doing my grocery shopping at Publix, and only on the perimeter of the store. My house is full of vegetables and fruit and Amy's frozen meals (HUGE difference in taste. and nutrition. they are amazing.) and we're just doing what we can. I know what I find at Publix is better quality and is going to last longer, so it's worth the price difference (though I didn't find much in terms of fresh items). Shopping at Target just leads you to buy bad things. I don't know why. But it does.

So yes. Only healthy foods in my house. I definitely FEEL better. Well, not now, with the plague attacking me, but in general, when my immune system isn't crashing. I also got all natural beauty products and what a difference. I HATE lotion. I always feel icky when I put it on because it never seems to go away. I got some Burt's Bees natural lotion and what a difference. It leaves no nasty greasy feeling and my arms are happy. And I got their natural face wash and my face is so much happier.

So, slowly, oh so SO slowly, we're making changes. It's amazing how full a veggie sandwich can make you. I guess I didn't mention, but I'm not really eating meat right now. I mean, if I go out, I will, but I don't keep it in the house. I feel better when there's less meat and less processed foods in my diet, so I'm keeping that up.

Alright, it's bed time. Sorry, I didn't mean to go off on a tangent. But at least it made it less sad sally, right?

Right.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Analytics