Friday, January 27, 2012

“All the truth in the world adds up to one big lie.”

Alright, blog. I don't have class tomorrow and I'm actually fairly awake, so let's tell you what has happened in the past week.

Last Friday Abby came to visit! She is in Belgium this semester, which makes me so sad, but I'm so excited for her. We had a going away party for it. It was A LOT of fun. Clay made dinner, I made a cake that failed a little (a lot) and we all had a grand time. Saturday she left and I read applications for most of the day. Yup. Went to Annie's to commiserate over the applicants.

Sunday I had planned to sew all day but I still hadn't finished applications, so I worked on that for a long while. Got a call to record a spot for NBC13 for BFW. OKAY. So I ended up staying up all night to make sure my dress was just right. Seriously. I got one hour of sleep from 5 am to 6 am. What an adventure. Luckily James Spann was up all night too with the weather, so I had something to keep me company. Monday morning Corrinne met me at home and we headed out for Birmingham. SO EARLY. So we got there an hour early, got some tea, then got her dressed and went in search of where we were supposed to be. Had no idea. Luckily I found Brad and we eventually found who we were looking for. Phew! Recorded the thing, went to Joann Fabrics for some thread then headed back to Tuscaloosa. Passed out for two hours. GLORIOUS SLEEP! Just not enough. I felt worse after the 2 hours. Oops.

So then I met Lindsay and we worked on some Fashion, Inc. stuff for Get On Board Day. Then I had Entrepreneurship class from 5 to 7:30. Dr. Parker and her adjunct faculty are absolutely amazing, but I decided the in-class section definitely wasn't for me. So I talked to her about it and we agreed I could get into the online one. Went home, fiiiinally finished the apps, and got 4 hours of sleep. Oy.

Tuesday I had Marketing, which I think is getting better. Then I went to the Ferg to work the Fashion, Inc. table for Get On Board Day. We actually had a lot of people show interest, so that was good. After that I had Tonya's class, which I really like. Aaaand from there I went to the Fashion, Inc. meeting. We had a pretty decent turnout. Outlined all of our plans for the semester. Should be good. THEN I came home and paaaaaassed out. Slept for 13 hours STRAIGHT. Didn't wake up a single time. It was absolutely amazing.

Wednesday I had to go to work to make up for missing Tuesday. Got some stuff done. Then...what did I do? OH. I needed to sew, but I also discovered that my cottage cheese was about to expire, so I looked up recipes to use it up. Found some lasagna and bread that looked good, so I went for those. Tried to prepare them at the same time, turned into absolute madness, but they both turned out AMAZING. Like, really really really good. I was SO proud! Then I sewed for an hour or so, then it was bedtime. Well, no. I answered emails and whatnot, then it was bedtime.

Today I had Marketing, then I worked all day. Got a lot done. Brought lasagna for lunch. It was amaaaaazing. haha. Found out during work that my HES registrar handled my add/drop request magically. She is absolutely amazing! And talked to Dr. Parker about it, who is one of the most wonderful people I have ever met in my life. Seriously. She is a contact I would like to keep for life.

So after work I came home, lounged a bit, then Julia came over. We chatted, then we picked Heather up and went to Moe's and tcby. chatted for a while, Clay joined us, then Ben, then we headed to sushi. It was madness. Too many people, not enough fun. I think I might have to remove midnight sushi from my life for a while...it's just not special and happy like it used to be. Oh well. Sometimes we just have to move on.

So yeah. There's life for the past week. I'm spending the next four days in hermit mode sewing to get everything done that I possibly can. I'm super excited for the show, but it will also feel amazing once it's done.

There are a few more things I would like to discuss with you, dearest blog, but I've run out of eloquent ways to express them. Maybe another night. Farewell!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Analytics