Thursday, June 9, 2011

Summer 2011 - Day 4

Word of the Day: Manpant. Man Pant. Man Pant x 4308408453.

Today was good. :)

It was SO hot this morning. I was going to wear my black cotton dress (I know, black bad in heat, but it was cotton and light and cool!) but I got some mysterious stain on it. Note to self: don't let dresses touch the floor. So I opted for this instead:



Another Dress Barn find.

Here's the thing about Dress Barn. Most of it is hideous. It's cheaply made, it's not flattering, and it's for older ladies. But when you find something good, it's goooood. Like my two Calvin Klein dresses. I got both of them for less than $40 each. And my nice, cool cotton dress from yesterday. They have a LOT of misses, but sometimes they do alright.

But they REALLY need to revamp that name. No one under the age of 57 wants to shop at a clothing store with the word barn in the name. We are not pigs or cows or chickens. Our clothing does not belong in a barn.

/tangent.

I went with my black glitzy Vera Wang sandals. I've worn them in enough that they don't blister my toes. Huzzah! And they are pretty. I get a lot of compliments on them. :)

Another thing to note: I didn't pay full price for a single item you will see this summer. If that's a lie, and I think of something, I'll let you know. But to the best of my knowledge, everything was on sale, or I had a coupon. I told you I love outlet malls.

BUT ANYWAY LET'S TALK ABOUT TODAY.

I started the day working on the filing. FINALLY I could print! I love the random IT guys who kept showing up until it was fixed. I spent a few hours in the PLR meeting. It was really interesting and I learned a lot about how they narrow down and edit the line. I LOVE that Diane lets me in on those types of things. That's what I really need to learn about. I also sat in on a fitting with Gary and Kristin. I love fittings. You never know what the sample you get from Hong Kong/Taiwan/Korea will look like. Usually the first one is awful. Haha

So after the meeting I worked on more sorting/filing/yada yada. I got some bonding time in with Lauren, and then Diane, Sarah, Kristen and I got to bond while waiting for PLR to start. It's so nice to be so much more comfortable and confident this year.

At the end of the day, I walked over to Penn Station to find that almost every train was late. There were hundreds of people shoving and yelling in the NJ Transit section. Good grief. I managed to elbow and push my way to the 1 gate just in time to squeeze into the 6:20 to Secaucus. The trains from Secaucus leave at 6:28 and 7. I got there at 6:30. So I was like dang, I'm going to have to wait til 7. Then I heard them announce the 6:28 was now boarding on E. HUZZAH! I hauled it up one escalator, through the turnstiles, down two more escalators, held the door for a lady with a suitcase (cause even in a hurry, I need to spread that Southern hospitality ;) ) and we both managed to catch the 6:28. Yay! I was so proud. I even got a seat. It was impressive.

It started to rain on the way home too and it's been going ever since. I made my dinner then sat and talked with Nagymama for a little over an hour. It's nice to hear her stories. I also told her I'd try to help her get her passport so she can go to Hungary next year. We will see. I hope she does. I'm going to get mine too because I really want to go to Europe next summer.

I picked out my casual Friday outfit, texted Rush to see if Toms were acceptable footwear (sorry Rush!) and now it's almost bedtime. Haha.

Mom ordered me an alarm clock on Amazon and it got here today. That way I don't have to worry about my phone dying or something. She also got me some new styluses for my DS since I lost mine. Yaay distractors!

ANYWHO. Check out the post from yesterday. I'm going to update it with pictures of my outfits. :)


OH and what I ate:


Bfast - flat bagel with pb
Lunch - turkey sammy, 100 cal pack pringles, graham grips
Snack - 90 cal fiber bar
Dinner - yummy caesar salad, rice chicken


Tomorrow I'm going to return my portfolio to Adorama and hopefully find a new one. Then shopping and dinner with Sarah. I'm excited. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Analytics