Friday, June 17, 2011

“And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.”

I NEED to be asleep right now, so this needs to be short and sweet.

(BUT I TURN 21 IN AN HOUR AND FIFTEEN MINUTES!)

Alright, so today I got to go in at 10 because I worked late so much this week. Sleeping until 7:15 was amazing. I caught the 8:23 train, which was practically empty. So awesome. I got to Penn, filled out a time correction sheet, got coffee, then went to my desk. They asked me to come up with names for our June and July collections, so I made some lists and they picked the ones they liked. So my collection names will be used for Charter Club Summer 2012. HOW EXCITING! Everyone was running around like crazy, so Sarah grabbed me for a meeting in the conference room and I walk in and my entire team is in there with boxes of doughnuts with a candle. AWWWWW. :)



So they sang Happy Birthday, I hugged everyone and we sampled the yummy yummy donuts. They were from Doughnut Plant, and they were AMAZING. PB&J, Lavender, Chocolate, Salted Nut, Bluebuerry, Creme Brulee...the list goes on! It was so sweet of them. AAAAND they gave me a beautiful card that Joanna made! It was so pretty.

So after that I had to run to our group project meeting. We walked the store to get a feel for the customer experience, then chatted about our ideas. Prescella, Margo and I went back to my office to clock out, then I walked down to Sarah's office. I walked down 6th, which I hadn't done before. It's amazing the differences between 5th, 6th, and 7th. Got her keys and whatnot, then hopped the 1 back to Penn. Waited in Secaucus for a while for a train, grabbed lunch at Sbarro, then got home just in time for the downpour.

I got Dad's bday card yesterday. It was so cute. :) I also got one from Diane and George.
Mom sent me a birthday box today, which had decorations and a crown and cute things. :)

I told Nagymama for my birthday I wanted her to bake a cake with me, so when I got home we did that. It was a yummy walnut cake with chocolate whipped cream, all homemade. And I'm not allowed to share the recipe because it is a family secret!


After that we picked up (I can't spell his name) Fritzy (awful. horrible. someone please tell me how to spell it in Hungarian!) and went to the Chinese buffet, Nagymama's second favorite restaurant behind Burger King. (I know. I know.) It was comical, to say the least. Pictures were taken, many laughs were had (mostly by the wait staff and me) and then we headed back home. They sang to me, we had tiny slices of cake, and then I went on a mad search for a good birthday dinner restaurant. I think I finally found one. :)

AND NOW. I'm going to go to bed. I have to be up at 5:45 tomorrow. (More on that later...)

OH OUTFIT.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Analytics