Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Summer 2011 - Day 3 (and 2...sorry about that.)

I should have been asleep two hours ago, so this needs to be short and sweet.

Day 2
Yesterday was fabulous. We had the PLR meeting, so we were scrambling like crazy to get everything done. It was amazing how I jumped right back in as part of the team. I wasn't the nervous intern. I was the girl they could trust to put the presentation boards together in the right way. So that took several hours and exhausted all of us. Then I spent the rest of the day filing and sorting artwork. It was good because it let me familiarize myself with all of the styles and where they were.

At 4:30 all the product development interns (there are 46 of us! insane!) met back up to go over more compliance stuff with Rush. ....woo. Some of the other interns are super nice, so I was glad to get to talk to them again. The one thing that's difficult about this year is it's a little harder to get to know some of the interns. Last year we were all together SO much that we had to bond. This year it's maybe once or twice a week if at all.

So that ended at 6. I somehow managed to haul butt and make the 6:28 home. Talked to Nagymama for about 30 minutes then enjoyed my quiet time and watched America's Got Talent. (I lead such a glamorous life, don't I?) Next thing I knew it was time for bed. boooooo. Had a tiny breakdown last night cause I was WAY overtired and under distracted (internet failed me!). But it's all good. :)

I ate yesterday:

Bfast - Bfast to go from like emerald nuts or something? idk they are green. and delicious!
Lunch - turkey sammy I made myself, 100 cal pack white cheddar popcorn, 100 cal pack choco pretzels. yumm
Dinner - DELICIOUS salad I made with artisan lettuce and light buttermilk ranch. AND a tomato off of the plant my mom got for Nagymama! So yummy. And she left me some mac n cheese so I had that.

And my outfit!






Dress - Robbie Bee - I got SO many compliments on this dress. It's navy and white/tan/cream depending on the lighting. It is magical.
Belt - cuuute right? HOT pink. From Ross or Marshall's I'm pretty sure.
Shoes - Dr. Scholl's white sandals from Wal Mart. These were my oh no the only shoes I have after the tornado are my chacos and sneakers and my feet feel like death shoes. But oh boy are they comfy!


Day 3

Today was wonderful as well. I continued my filing, only to realize my computer had serious issues. Spent three hours dealing with that. blargh. then went to the touch base meeting. I asked if I could come and Diane looked at me like I was crazy because she assumed I already was. She said she has to remember to tell me things because she already thinks of me as part of the team. That means SO much.

After the meeting we had a birthday cake for Elena. :) I love love love the Charter Club team. It's like a big crazy family.

After that I worked on some artwork tracking, thennnn I printed calendars then headed for the train. Had to wait for the 7 pm one.

On the way home, I called the guys to come tear down Nagymama's old pool so we can put up the new ones. Called some dude off craigslist, he said he could come tonight. So I said sure. Then he told me his life story. Then he called me back and talked some more. Then he flirted a lot. Then it got weird. Then they were an hour late. Then nagymama came home. Then they took an hour to tear it down. But then it was down! Then he smoked a cigarette in front of Nagymama, she blessed him, and that was that.

Noooow it's way past my bedtime and I need SLEEP! :)

I ate:

bfast - Apples and yogurt dip
lunch - pb&j, cheez it grips, cracker jacks (did you know they are only 130 cal a box?!)
snack - carrots and hummus
dinner - yummy salad again and this weird salmon pasta dinner thing. I didn't much care for that.

and outfit!



Dress - London something something? I don't know. Want to know a secret? I got it at Dress Barn! The DB outlets in Orlando were AWESOME. I got two Calvin dresses there as well. It was beautiful.
Shoes - same as yesterday

It was SO hot today and it's supposed to be even worse tomorrow. OY. cotton dresses FTW!

Night night lovelies. :)

1 comment:

  1. I love the patterned dress with the red belt! I tried on a similar cut at a store and was astonished that I was totally in love. I thought it would be too conservative but it is waaaay cute!

    ReplyDelete

Real Time Analytics