Sunday, June 12, 2011

Summer 2011 - I'm going to stop numbering my days

Let's just go with dates, shall we? We shall.

Saturday (6/11) I did a lot of nothing. I slept til 9 or so, did my laundry, cleaned my room, watched tv and did a lot of nothing. It was great. I made dinner for myself and Nagymama. It was.....an adventure. She liked it all, except I didn't cook the broccoli enough for her. Then I got the sex talk and the "How is your relationship with God?" talk. Like I said, it was an adventure.

Yesterday was the two year anniversary of when Nagypapa passed away. I know Nagymama remembered a few days ago, but I don't know if she did yesterday. Either way, we talked about him a lot, which was really nice. I miss him a lot. It's still weird to be here without him. But as Nagymama says, at least we know where he is.

So yeah. Eventful dinner.

Todaaaay (6/12) I got up around 8:45, got ready, took the 10:51 train in, hopped the C to 81st then trekked across Central Park. That is a rough walk. It's just along this dang road that the M79 is supposed to run down, but it wasn't today because of the Puerto Rican Day Parade.

Oh yeah, I made a friend on the C. haha he was going to the parade and trying to figure out where to get off. I told him 81st was pretty far up on Central Park, so he could probably get a good view there. We ended up walking down that awful road at the same time, so he slowed up and we chatted for a while. It was nice. A little weird, but good. We talked about McQueen, Cobain, and Che, with a little about God thrown in the mix. He asked where I was headed and what exhibits were at the Met. He also told me I "don't look like the lonely girl type." hahaha It was strange. But a compliment I think? I don't know. I guess it means I look like I have friends. We parted ways and I made my way to the Met.

I waited for Heather and her cousin for 45 minutes or so sitting on the edge of the fountains in front of the Met. Saw lots of interesting people. When they finally got there, we went in and went to the cafeteria for lunch. I paid $15 for some rice, chicken, a teeny tiny salad and a teeny tiny lemonade. I was not pleased. I wanted to go to the waffle truck, which I've ALWAYS wanted to try, and was about 7 blocks from where we were, but we couldn't. Booooo. I will definitely catch up to it soon.

Anyway. After that, we made our way to the McQueen exhibit. We stood in line for 20-30 minutes before we finally got in. It was SO packed. I wish there were less people, but oh well. The exhibit was amazing. It's so sad to know McQueen is gone. He was a madman, but an utter genius. The exhibit had SO much stuff. It was amazing to see the details in all of the garments, and to see his serious construction skills. I was in awe. The way the Met set up the exhibit was amazing too. The backdrops, the lighting, the music. It all enhanced the experience rather than detracting from it.

I'm definitely going back soon. I want to go when it won't be SO crowded. I also want to get through the rest of the museum again. It's been a while since I've been.

After that, we walked around a bit, went to the rooftop, then we were all tired so we left. I made that stupid walk back through Central Park and caught the C to Penn, the 4:54 to Secaucus, and the 5:35 back to Passaic. Now I get to relax, watch some tv, make my lunch for the week and try to plan my birthday. =D

Sorry, no pictures of my outfit today. I'll try to get one later. It's CUTE though. =P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Analytics