Thursday, June 16, 2011

“I've waffled before. I'll waffle again.”

Ohhh boy.

Alright, so Tuesday (6/14)...let's see. Tuesday was rough. It was super busy and I got sent out at 5:30 to do returns. Yikes. Amber and I had planned to go to the Museum Mile Festival, but I didn't get to her dorm until like 7:30 and it was raining. So we sat around for a bit then decided to go for it. We caught the bus to 5th Ave, then realized the Guggenheim was 20 blocks from there. hahaha oy. Oh, the reason we were going to the Gug even though I don't really like it? THE WAFFLE TRUCK WAS THERE. What waffle truck? THIS WAFFLE TRUCK. THE waffle truck. Wafels & Dinges. hahaha I follow them on twitter (nerd.) and I've heard such great things about it. We were both starving so we figured it would be fun. We walked the 20 blocks, got our waffles and YUM. I got a liege with spekuloos spread. It was amazing. After that I was SO thirsty, so I pulled out my wallet and some hot dog cart guy comes running up, "CAN I HELP YOU?!" I laughed and bought a THREE DOLLAR gatorade. He was so adorable and helpful and chatty so I didn't mind. We walked around for a bit then realized we were both still sort of hungry and craving Thai food. (I tend to talk about food a lot on this blog. And how I want to lose weight. BUT as you'll notice, I walk my butt off around this city AND I don't eat ridiculously large portions. Huzzah for moderation! But I digress....) So I found a place called Tiny Thai on Yelp! and we walked. It was about four avenues and 8 streets away, so we got to walk the waffles off. Haha. Tiny Thai turned out to be REALLY delicious and reasonably priced. I got pad thai and Amber got curry and we both ate less than half. They boxed mine up in a cute little chinese to go box. The atmosphere was fun, and it was packed at 9:30 on a Tuesday night, which is always a good sign. I'd definitely go back.

Anywho. From there, I browsed maps to figure out the best way back across town. We were both super tired and the subways we needed required us to walk across that damn transverse road. That road is like death march. You're like, oh nice, I can walk three avenues through Central Park. WRONG. You can walk five million miles along a sketchy road that is below the view of the park and surrounded by bricks and dirt.

But I digress.

We figured out that the M4 stopped 3 avenues over, so we walked to Madison and waited. Luckily, it didn't take too long. We went back to her dorm, I took a cold shower because I couldn't figure out her hot water, and we went to bed.

Wednesday (6/15) I was like yay I can wake up at 7 instead of 6! Wrong. I was up at 6 on the dot and I couldn't fall back to sleep. Oy. So I got up and was ready to go by 6:50, though I didn't have to leave til 8. So we sat and talked and tried to plan birthday things. After that, I took the subway to work. I successfully transferred from the 1 to the 3 at 96th. HUZZAH!

Work was stressful yesterday. Everyone is way overextended and hitting deadlines and so there's no time to breathe. I ended up staying until 7 last night finishing stuff up, then I didn't get to sleep til midnight. Oy.

BUT I got to talk to Heather, who just got back from 3 weeks or so in Europe. SO jealous. I've missed her dearly, so that was really fun to hear about all of her adventures.

Today (6/16) was just as busy and insane at work. My desk is literally covered in things I need to get done, as are my windowsill (I've never had to think about how to spell that before...how interesting.), filing cabinet, and shelves. It should be an interesting week next week.

I left a little early to make up for staying so late yesterday and managed to catch the 6:28. Huzzah! Nagymama and I chatted for a while, I made dinner, and now I need to figure out my trains for tomorrow and go to bed.

This weekend should be REALLY fun. I'm SO excited. =D In case you didn't know, I turn 21 on Saturday!

OH OUTFITS.

Tuesday (6/14)


This is probably my FAVORITE outfit of this summer. The top is Elle from Kohl's and has a nice ruffle detail with some fabric flowers.
The skirt is actually from Forever 21 and is ADORABLE.
I love love love this outfit. It may very well become my birthday outfit.
Side note: The top ended up sagging a whooole lot throughout the day, so I'm REALLY glad I decided (after taking this picture) to throw a white cami underneath.

Wednesday (6/15)


I shoved this dress in my purse and luckily it didn't wrinkle at all. haha. This is from Marshall's I believe, but they sell the same one at Dress Barn. Haha. It rubbed my armpits in a really weird way. TMI maybe, but I was surprised at how strangely cut the armhole was.

Today (6/16)


This dress is beautiful and a little strange. It's the other Calvin Klein dress barn find. It has a beautiful print and these weird HUGE godets that give me fake pockets on the front and back that flare out into this massive full skirt. The construction is so odd, but it's so beautiful.
I paired it with a Rampage belt and a cropped suit jacket from Torrid. I was really happy with this outfit, and it was REALLY comfy.

I tried to break in my Cole Haans with this, but my feet were not having it. Maybe next time, kids.

ANYWHO. There you have it. Life is crazy busy right now, but hopefully things are going to turn around soon.

1 comment:

  1. I really love reading your blogs. Just thought you should know. :)

    ReplyDelete

Real Time Analytics