Wednesday, March 30, 2011

"Live and work but do not forget to play, to have fun in life and really enjoy it."

We never got to discuss the apron fashion show, did we??

Goodness. It was amazing. Heather met me at my apartment at 9 and we headed down to Greensboro. It's about 45 minutes, so it's not bad. We got there, set up my sewing machine and whatnot and got to work. I made several more. A girl who works for Project Horseshoe Farm came to make an apron with two of the ladies from there. They were so amazing and so much fun to work with. We found out that the local high school had won the State Basketball Championship, so there was going to be a parade! If you will recall, I LOVE PARADES. We went outside around noon and watched as the entire town lined Main Street. It was a sight to see. There were players, local businesses, step teams, and marching bands. It was amazing. We took lots of pictures. Then the rain came and everyone scattered. After that, we grabbed some lunch, then went back to work.

By the end of the day, I had made 6 more aprons. =D Around 5, Cameron and Ashley showed up. We set everything up, then went to do the photoshoot when Annie and Lisa showed up as well. Heather is a FABULOUS photographer, and my models were just fun. :) After that we scrambled to get everything done, but we somehow managed it.

Lots and lots of my friends showed up, and that meant SO much to me. :) The show went by in a flash, and was absolute chaos, but such a great time.

Overall, I showed 18 aprons. Raji made a ton more, so we showed hers, and another apron designer showed up too who I did not know. 

Unfortunately, by the end of the night my arm was shooting with such bad pains that I had to have Heather drive home. Thank goodness she went with me!

All in all, it was so much fun. We sold a few aprons, and I think it got everyone excited.

But really, here is what you are all here for: PICTURES!
(courtesy of Heather Smith/Cameron Bolt)


























OH! PS - I'm working on a website (like I have time for this) and would love some input! Please look at it and let me know what you think! Here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Analytics