Sunday, March 6, 2011

“What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously. But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured.”

Yesterday was amazing. I woke up at 7, and Ashley met me at my apartment at 8. She was the only one brave enough to get up that early. So we drove down to Greensboro, and it ended up being Ashley, Cate, myself, and two ladies from the community, who were SO nice. Cate made is a cobbler for breakfast (yum!) and we sat for a bit and talked about why we were all there and whatnot. After that, we got to work. I explained to everyone what we were trying to do, and I showed them the patterns I had made. We spent the next 4 hours sewing, talking, and making the most adorable aprons ever. Around noon or one we stopped for lunch, and we had yummy veggie quiche and salad and walnut brownie pie. Yummm. I love Pie Lab.

After lunch, we finished up a few and cleaned up. In total, we got 14 aprons done, which is really really impressive. It was such a blast. Ashley had never really sewn before, and she was a pro by the end. It was nice to come together with people I've never really met before and do something so fun.

That's really what I want this experience to be about. Yes, it's an opportunity for me to get my name out there, and to show people some of what I can do, but it's also an opportunity to get the word out about Pie Lab, and bring the community together. We got nothing but positive feedback from everyone who came in, and everyone was so excited about the fashion show.

Once I get everything off my phone, I'll post some pictures. And the flyers for the show. But here are the details:

Apron Fashion Show!
March 26, 7 pm
Pie Lab, Greensboro
Come enjoy the new line of aprons at Pie Lab, and bring some of your own to show off!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Analytics