Thursday, March 3, 2011

“Life is a gift, and it offers us the privilege, opportunity, and responsibility to give something back by becoming more.”

Today, I left work expecting to arrive at the Zeta Tau Alpha house and pick up a handful of t-shirts, or maybe a garbage bag's worth.

Today, I left work, arrived at the Zeta Tau Alpha house, and picked up FIVE HUNDRED THIRTY ONE t-shirts. 531. Five hundred thirty one. My jaw dropped. They were the only sorority to participate, and they will be receiving 531 Panhellenic points, as well as free tickets to the show and a huge thank you and recognition at the show.

I also got word today that we collected close to 200 t-shirts from other student organizations through the Source as well.

Ladies and gentlemen, that makes a grand total of well over 700 t-shirts. I am SO excited!!

I started to freak out a little about what we were going to do with all of them, then I realized we don't have to use them ALL this year. They can be our collection for next year as well!

I will have to cut all of the ZTA letters off the shirts, but hey, I'm okay with that. (Any offers of help are much appreciated!!)

Let's see. This weekend will be just as busy as the last one was. I will head down to Greensboro with some fabulous friends in tow, and we will spend our Saturday making aprons and bonding with some lovely ladies at Pie Lab. It's going to be wonderful.

Everyone stay tuned for the fabulous apron fashion show, as well as Tee Time, which are both shaping up to be quite the event. I need to get some press involved for both of them. Anyone interested? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Analytics