Saturday, March 26, 2011

"The Creator has not given you a longing to do that which you have no ability to do."

This has been one of the most insane weeks in a long time.

Spring Break was all about work. But I did get a lot done. I finished all of my aprons, my CBH database, my CAD project, my draping project, my CBH presentation, and my world lit homework. So I definitely used my time well. Unfortunately, when I got back, I didn't feel like I had accomplished anything. I always seem to be one step behind.

The drive back wasn't too terrible, but it definitely wasn't fun. I'm tired of long drives. Unless it's somewhere new and exciting, they've just begun to wear on me a lot. So I got back and Matthew and Autumn came to help me unpack my car because I had so much stuff. It took like 5 minutes. Yay friends! Then I made them dinner, then I just..did nothing, really. I was so burnt out by that point. So I started my week, yada yada. On Tuesday, I had my mock interview, so I wore a dress. I had a loooong day, and about 9:30 I ended up in the CBH lab to work on some homework. My stomach was itching really bad, so I went to the bathroom to look at it, and I had a rash all across my stomach. I figured maybe my dress was just rubbing me all day, so I took a benadryl when I got home and went to bed.


On Wednesday, I woke up and not only did I have a rash all over my stomach, but it was now covering my entire back as well. GREAT. On Wednesday I also had my CBH presentation, so I had to dress up again. I found the loosest dress I could, took half a benadryl and went about my day. I noticed while I was at work/school it subsided, so I was relieved. When I got home, I sat down on my couch to read, but I got tired so I ended up falling asleep on my couch. I woke up an hour and a half later completely COVERED in red welts. I had a rash on every part of my body that had been touching the couch.


I freaked out, obviously.

I had NO idea what could be causing this, but I KNEW it was something in my apartment and on my upholstered surfaces, and I knew I couldn't stay in my apartment. I called Annie, packed Tux up, and we slept at her place.

And by slept, I mean I got about 3 hours of sleep while Tux pawed furiously at his cat tent to keep me awake. Lovely.

I woke up Thursday morning with not a single welt on me. So that confirmed that it was something in my apartment. I remembered finding one of the pest control slips when I got back, and it makes sense. What else causes almost instantaneous contact dermatitis? But they are only supposed to spray baseboards. So I called H.A. Edwards, explained the situation, and was told they would call me back. Of course, they didn't. I called them back several times, but to no avail. At one point I was hung up on. It was lovely. Thursday afternoon I finally went to the doctor for my shoulder pain (a month later...). Luckily, nothing wrong with the bones. He gave me some meds and said if it's not better in a week we will need to do an MRI. OH GOOD. So from there I went...I don't know where, but eventually I ended up back at Annie's. She is allergic to cats, and her roommate doesn't like cats. I knew Mel was out of town, so I asked if I could stay at her room for the night. Yay old roomie love, and so I packed Tux up again and went over there once I got a hold of Heather. It was so nice to be "living" with her again. I miss that so much.

So anywho. We got all situated, then Annie, Heather, Clay, Kyle, AJ, Lindsay, Cody, Lauren, Trey, and myself went to midnight sushi. Which always makes the night better. I had a seriously amazing time, then we went back and I passed out. I didn't sleep very well, but I got a little more than the night before.

Oh, Thursday night I called a few carpet cleaning places, and Spotless Pride actually answered the phone. I explained the situation, and they were SO sympathetic, SO nice, and SO affordable. So I set up an appointment to have them come Friday morning at 10.

So today when I woke up I headed over to my apartment and arrived at the same time they did. Haha. They gave me time to pick some stuff up, were SOOO nice, and I went to eat breakfast with Heather while they did their thing. An hour and 45 minutes later, I came back to super clean carpets and couches that looked like I didn't get them for free/from the thrift store. =P Seriously, I was SO happy with the guys that came. They were so sympathetic, so nice, and did a really good job. I decided I was in need of a pedicure, so I texted Annie. I ran to Kinnucan's to look at Chaco's, then we went to Midtown and got pedis. The guy who did mine was having some serious breathing distress, so that was gross. After that, I met Clay at Belk to help him shop for some stuff. Heh. I told him next time he just has to let me loose in the store and he'll end up with a new wardrobe. =P After that I ran home, packed all of my bedding, rugs, and towels into trash bags and went back to Heather's. Oh the joys of washing EVERY POROUS SURFACE IN YOUR APARTMENT. Before I went back, I went over to H.A. Edwards, who still had not called me. They were of no help again, but I told them I never want the pest control people in my apartment again. I know I have no hard proof that that is what caused everything, but I can't think of any other legitimate explanation.

Anywho. So I washed all of that stuff, and took a glorious glorious 3 hour nap. We all know I'm not a napper, but I had maybe 7 hours of sleep total for the past two nights. I needed it. So when I woke up, I finished my laundry, packed Tux up and came back to my apartment. I changed my bedding, cleaned my bathroom, went back to Heather's to get the rest of my laundry, met Lisa and Annie at Starbucks, then went to the lab. Long story short, I am INFURIATED by SPSS and CANNOT figure out how to get it to work on my computer. SO. ANGRY. I was planning on getting SO much done tonight, and instead I got absolutely nothing done. I'm so frustrated.

But anyway.

LET'S TALK ABOUT FASHION.

Tomorrow, as you all know, is my Apron Fashion Show at Pie Lab!!


(This flyer made by the WONDERFUL Tonya Nelson. :D)

I hope to see a lot of you there. It's going to be pure fun.

My whole philosophy is that when I start getting too serious about this is when I will have to quit. I know that sounds absolutely ridiculous, but I cannot ever take myself seriously. I work hard at what I do, but I never want it to not be fun. I never want to yell at models, or boss people around. This fashion show is 100% a group effort, and everyone should know that.

BUT LOOK MORE NEWS!

Mr. Taylor pulled me aside after class on Wednesday and gave me a flyer for Birmingham Fashion Week. They are looking for 4 student designers to show during fashion week, and Mr. Taylor wants me to submit some stuff for a chance to be one of the four! =D I'm so excited!!! I just have to sketch my RTR stuff, and turn in sketches and pictures by Friday. I would loooove to be involved. It is their first year doing it, and it should be amazing. I'm SO stoked.

Alright, I've had enough. I'm just going to say screw it and call it a night. I'll try to dedicate Sunday to my CBH project, minus the time I will have to take to find fabric for my draping project.

Summer, I need you NOW.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Analytics