Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Runway, consider yourself rocked.

What an amazing night.

Alright. So, yesterday I had class and dress rehearsal and yada yada. It was busy. Then there was a ton of drama with some Rock the Runway stuff, but whatever. My mom flew in on her way to Louisville, so we hung out and she helped me pick pictures for the RTR boards. Went to sleep at like 2.

Today, I woke up at 6:45 to register for classes. Ended up with World Lit II instead of MKT300 because it said I didn't have the right prereqs (which isn't true) but I didn't have time to deal with it. Went to class, mom and I had lunch, she left for the airport, then I went to econ. Then began PURE MADNESS. Annie picked me up from class, we went to her place to get the steamer, got our brows done, then went to my place to get my car and my dresses and everything else I needed. Then we hauled it all over to Bryant Conference Center. Got set up in the dressing room, started steaming. Thank goodness we had Annie's because mine did NOT work. Oy. My models got there (who, for the record, are THE most amazing models in the history of forever) and Hannah came and did hair and makeup. Thank you! We were almost done steaming, when the tornado siren went off. We were scrambling for time, so after about 2 minutes of staying on the bottom floor, I ran back upstairs and got all my dresses. hahaha I did NOT have time for a tornado!!! We got them all in, and we were good to go. But wait, it can't be that easy..(I'm making it sound easier than it was. It was NOT easy. Hair and makeup took forever, and thank the LORD for Annie, because she spent over an hour steaming all of my dresses. I love her very much) So anyway. We are putting Erin's dress on, which happens to be the last one, when SNAP! thread goes iugengnsjvas and part of the dress falls. I FREAK OUT. They all calm me down, and we fix it. Oy. Somehow, by the grace of God, we got everything done, and it looked AWESOME. I was so proud. Did I mention how much I love my models? They knew I was freaking out, so they sat me down and did my hair and makeup. I love them. Also, Annie, my lifesaver, ran back to my house at 6:45 (the show started at 7:30) because I forgot something. My hero.

So after all of that, I was put in charge of lining all of the designers up, which was good, because it required me to yell, and I needed to yell. Haha. So I ran around the second floor yelling at designers to line up down the stairs. Somehow, we got it done. Once it was my turn, it was go time. The music was perfect, my models were perfect, and it went down perfectly. Once they all walked, I had to walk with them. Luckily, I had planned ahead of time to walk WITH Erin, rather than behind everyone. Thank goodness I did. My legs were shaking SO badly, I almost fell down. Hahaha oh boy. But seriously, I am SO proud, and so pleased, and I loved my stuff.

After we walked, we went to the seats to watch the rest of the show. After it finished, we ran upstairs to get all of our stuff. Once I got back downstairs, it was mayhem. But it was amazing. SO many people came up to me to tell me how much they loved my collection. It was so flattering. I got hugs and pats on the shoulder, and so many random, "I LOVED IT!"'s. It felt amazing.

After the show, Annie took me to Mugshots. I love her. She kept me sane this entire night. Once we finished, I just came straight home and I am ready to pass out.

So, good night, world. THANK YOU to everyone who came out to support me. I love you all very dearly. You keep me sane, and you keep my life full.

OH! PICTURES! You can find more on my facebook, and I will be adding more as time allows. I love you all!!!!

Just kidding, Blogger hates me. PICTURES TOMORROW! I PROMISE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Analytics