Saturday, October 30, 2010

WAHOOOOOOOOOOOO!

ZIPLINE ZIPLINE ZIPLINE I LOVE THE ZIPLINE!

This morning I got up at 8, made waffles for everyone, and then we went on our way. We got to Wahoo a little early, filled out our forms, and then got all suited up. Our guides were Alejandro and Greg, aka the NICEST zipline guides in the history of forever. We got our gear on, hopped in a bus, and we were off.

They drove us up to the first one. Ohhh boy my hands were shaking. Actually, my everything was shaking. But I was SO excited. We went with two other families, so there were 11 of us. A few people went ahead of me, then I decided, IT WAS TIME. So I jumped up, Alejandro said, "You ready?" and I said ".....Sure." He laughed at me, then shoved me off the platform. Hahahaha. It was AMAZING!! I was completely terrified, and I couldn't brake myself worth a darn, but I loved every second of it. I hit the landing, kicked the stool, Greg grabbed me and got me down. Hahaha. Marika and my mom actually did it too!!!! I was so impressed. After that, we moved on to the next one. They kept letting us do different things, like letting go of the ropes, going upside down, going tandem, and racing. I've been making lots of progress in my daredevil abilities, but I wasn't quite at that. The most I mustered was a lean back and grabbing at the line. But! I did it! And it was amazing! There were 6 lines, and the last one, I actually ran and jumped off. Yeaah!!! Next time, I'll totally try letting go of the line. =P

After the zip line, I bought a t-shirt (I HAD to!) and then we went to lunch at Happy Jack's BBQ. It was yummy, cheap, and a really cute local place. From there, we went to the Apple Barn, which was commercially, touristy, and not really my cup of tea. Then we grabbed some groceries, and headed back to the cabin.

I spent two or so hours doing homework (how exciting), uploaded all of the Wahoo pictures, and now we're baking mini apple pies/making dinner!

Tomorrow we leave. =[ I'm so sad. I wish we could stay longer. But I will DEFINITELY be bringing friends back here, and we will DEFINITELY be ziplining. It is SO AWESOME.

PICTURES, OF COURSE! (There are 117 on facebook, if you want to see every picture we took there, including the 36 professional shots we bought from them. hahahaha)










1 comment:

  1. go you!!! ziplining is totally on my bucket list. this is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Real Time Analytics