Monday, October 18, 2010

I'm sorry, bloggy dear, I've been neglecting you.

What better time to update than at 1:15 am when I have an 8 am meeting?

Let's see.....my apartment looks like a fashion bomb exploded in it, leaving behind fabric and ribbon and a giant mess. Dad came to visit last weekend on his way up to Missouri, and I convinced him to come back this weekend on his way home and stay for the Ole Miss game. It was so nice to have him around. He cooked for me, did my dishes, and it was nice to get some one on one dad and daughter time. =] I hope he had a good time. I think he did. We went to the bonfire, the tailgate, the reception, the game, we did it all! haha. Thursday was Dr. Sharpe's 50th birthday, so we had a big surprise for him, complete with a hearse. Yep. Haha. Then I had my presentation that afternoon. Somehow, I managed to conquer my nerves, and it was most likely the best presentation I have ever given. Dr. Sharpe told my dad it was "phenomenal". That's pretty exciting. I spent many nights last week not sleeping because I was in the lab studying/preparing/finishing my history of costume project. It was interesting. Today I woke up at 7:30 when my dad left, then noon. haha. Erin came over, we went to Hancock, then I sewed, etc the rest of the day. Then at 9 we went to Annie's for dinner and Sister Wives. Ohhh Sister Wives. Annie and I hang out pretty much everyday now, which is weird, cause we didn't at all last year. But I'm glad we do. =] Tonight I came home and my front door was open. I'm assuming I just didn't close it right when I left, but it freaked me out. So I heard my neighbor's tv still on, so I knocked on their door and the guy came up with me to check it out and make sure no one was in my apartment. They are seriously the nicest people ever. I LOVE them. And let me go on a tangent here and tell you how much I love where I live. Well, no, no tangent. Just...I love it. The people are amazing, it's big, it's quiet, and I love living here. This week will be dedicated to sewing and finishing getting ready for Rock the Runway. I'm excited, but super nervous. I have A LOT to do, and I still need to find 3 more models by Tuesday. Oy vey. Lord, help me. Well, that's it I suppose. School is good, life is good, I'm just busy and I don't really sleep much anymore. But that's what coffee is for, right? =]

((^^holy giant paragraph, batman!))

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Analytics