Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Online Captain's Log

Last day of work was good. Got out early, so I took the C to the M60 to LGA. took 2 1/2 hours. OY. got the 1 o'clock out to DCA, then sat there for 5 hours. Finally got to TPA at 10:30. Went to bed, got up at 4 am to drive to Alabama. About an hour into the trip, Tux exploded all over his carrier. OH MY GOSH. It was pitch black outside. We pulled over and cleaned him and the carrier up. It was AWFUL. The rest of the drive wasn't too bad.

When I got to Tuscaloosa, we went to 308A, went inside, and I was shocked. It was awful. The carpet was disgusting, the air didn't work, the kitchen was tiny, and half the windows didn't open. So I cried a little. Then I called H.A. Edwards, and they sent out an agent. They said they could either fix all of those things, or I could go to 308D. So we looked at D, and it was SO much better. So we decided to move there. Cameron drove up from Prattville to help me move all of my stuff. I love him. I had gotten my electric set up in A, and of course they couldn't switch it to D til Tuesday, so our entire move would be without air. EXCELLENT. So we moved all of the stuff out of the cars and into D and A, the big stuff into D, the smaller into A so we could sort it in the air conditioning. After we emptied the cars, we called Taylor, and he met us at Mrs. Batson's house. We borrowed her mini van, and emptied my storage unit and the stuff I had in Mrs. Batson's unit. We got it back to the apartment and moved everything in. Thank goodness for Cameron, Taylor, and Amber. It would NOT have been good without them. Love you guys! We bought them some pizza for dinner, then we all parted ways. We sorted some more stuff, then went to bed relatively early.

Sunday we got up and kept rearranging and organizing. It was SO hot, and the air in A kept going in and out. Oh my goodness. We went to the stores too to get some stuff.

Monday I went to get the water, air, and comcast set up. Water got set up Monday, Electric Tuesday, Comcast next week. At night, we had an HCA meeting.

Tuesday we finished, and then we left for Missouri. It was about a 7 hour drive, and then we spent the night at Dave and Connie's house. We went to see grandma and grandpa today, then I made Dave a facebook. Oh boy.

Sorry this is so brief, I only have internet access for a short time. More details and pictures soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Analytics