Sunday, April 22, 2012

“To pay homage to beauty is to admire nature; to admire nature is to worship God.”

Graduation is almost upon us. How scary is that?

Let's see...last time we spoke my dad was here to take care of me during my wisdom teeth surgery. That went really well. My teeth hurt for like a week but then it went away and they are slowly spreading back to normal. Yay! Last Friday I had a cookout with my freshmen. It was so fun!! We had Full Moon and played volleyball and I seriously had the best time. I'm going to miss being their mentor. :P This week I finished my entrepreneurship class (yay!), picked up some honors cords, discovered that Mellow Mushroom has THE best beer selection and $2 night on Tuesdays, finishing my independent study, and discovered the only thing left standing between me and graduation is my marketing final. How crazy is that? Oh! and on Tuesday we had the Good Art show. I sold a good amount of stuff. We had a good time too.

This weekend has been fabulous. On Friday Heather and I went to the cliffs and hammocked for a few hours. Annie lent me the first Hunger Games book so I've been slowly working my way through that. Laying in a hammock reading in the woods is absolutely phenomenal. Yesterday I continued the process of sorting through and packing up some of my stuff. I'm going to be here for the summer, but I really want to take the time to go through everything and see what I want to keep. Last night a bunch of us went to Crimson Cafe for dinner. Please don't ever waste your money there. The service was terrible, it took an hour to get our food even though it was NOT busy, and when we finally got it it was cold and not very good. I don't know why Crimson Cafe can never seem to get it right.

Today Heather and I trekked into the woods by the retreat and hammocked by a creek. Getting to it was a nightmare. Apparently I am VERY allergic to something in those woods, because I coughed my head off the entire way and couldn't breathe. Oy. We traversed the creek a few times, slid down some hills and finally found a good spot. I was cranky, but God bless Heather we got there. Hung out for a few hours, kept reading, then it was time to head back. OY. We had to cross two pipes to get there, and by cross two pipes I mean Heather crossed them and I found a way around. I decided I could totally brave them on the way back, so I started across the first one. Got almost to the highest point, said NOPE! and jumped off. Got to the second one and was so concentrated on what I was doing I didn't even realize I was on the pipe. Of course when I did I panicked and almost lost my balance. To my left was a steep drop off, so I couldn't go that way. My second instinct was to crouch down and clutch the pipe but I knew that wouldn't end well, so I looked right. Hollow, rotted out tree and a little patch of leaves. Okay. So I jumped for the leaves. SURPRISE! The leaves were just covering up the rest of the tree. So I jumped and ended up knee deep in a rotten tree. Yummy. After laughing and trying not to die, I crawled out and spent five minutes trying to find my way across the creek. OY! Spent a little too much time trying to crawl up some hills, and we eventually made it back. I basically crawled through as many poison ivy patches as I could find. It was....an adventure.

I had to come home and shower almost immediately because I couldn't stop coughing. I've never really had too bad of a reaction to poison ivy so I'm just hoping that will continue this time.

Oy, life. This week is my last dead week, then I have one final at 8 am on Tuesday of finals week and I graduate on Friday, May 4th. How crazy is that?

Oh, and if you're going to ask me, "what are you doing after you graduate?" expect a loud I DON'T KNOW. Because I honestly don't. I'm staying in t-town for the summer to work and save up some money, and then it's a big question mark. Sure, I know what I think I'm going to do, but no one knows if it's going to pan out and I'm not going to shout it to the world if it doesn't.

So we shall see, world. We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Analytics