Friday, May 11, 2012

“The moments of happiness we enjoy take us by surprise. It is not that we seize them, but that they seize us.”

I don't think I can do a whole recap of the last four years thing. I think you can read back through this blog and see how it went. There were a lot of ups, a lot of downs, and overall it was probably the best experience I could have asked for. In the moment I'm sure I would have changed a few things, but I think everything worked out as it should have. I made the absolute best friends, got my 4.0 and that red mortar board, and probably figured out a lot more about who I am and the kind of person I want to be. So there's that.

I forgot to relay this terribly awful/funny story. Our cat Bob was like 18 years old. He was mostly blind, could barely walk and couldn't seem to ever find his litter box. He was one of the best cats ever, but he's been ailing for the past few years. So when we all call home our question isn't, "how's Bob?" it's "so is Bob still alive?" and for the past few years, my mom and dad would laugh and say yes.

So we are at my graduation dinner at Mellow (which was AMAZING and Anders was our waiter which was so fun) and Kathy nonchalantly asks, "so is Bob still alive?" and my mom just looks at both of us and doesn't say anything. So we are like WHAT?! 

Turns out Bob died A MONTH AGO! So we just kind of look at each other panicked, cry a little bit, then it just melted into laughter over the thought of Bob finally offing himself by lunging off the box that he mysteriously became able to climb. I'm actually glad my parents didn't tell me he had died when it happened. I was in the middle of a meltdown at that point and really didn't need anything to push me over the edge. Bob was an amazing cat, and I certainly miss him. But he gave us 16 or 18 (honestly can't even remember how old he was) years of fun and we were just blessed to have the silly boy for so long. Now he, Sasha and Diamond get to run around (or in his case, waddle) like best friends in pet heaven. :)

So that was certainly an adventure. But God bless that cat, he was a fighter. He was looking pretty rough two years ago when I got Tux, but I think Tux rejuvenated him. He got a little bit of a spring in his step and seemed really happy to have another friend around. It was fun to see them together.

So anywho. There's that. This week has been interesting. Started my job with Living NEO Green on Monday but also am working full time for CBH. So juggling that has been intense. But I'm genuinely loving everything I'm doing for LNG. I can tell it's where I belong right now.

I went to the farmers market yesterday. It's amazing how well I eat when I get the chance to go there. All I crave are fruits and veggies and everything I buy there. I LOVE it. And I got the most beautiful gerber daisies. Yay!

Today Robert helped me move a bunch of my stuff to a storage unit. Did I tell y'all that Paula and Abby are moving in with me for the summer? I don't know if I did. But I wanted to save money and they both needed a place to stay, so I cleared out (well, I'm in the process of clearing out) my sewing room and we are going to have a wonderful super amazing summer. :)

Now I need to finish clearing that room out and work on some stuff for work. OH! I forgot to tell you! The people from the farmers market emailed me and asked if I would like to sell my crafts there a few weeks this season, so of course I said yes! I will be there next Thursday selling my record bowls and record coasters, so you all need to come out and buy things! :)


Pictures!!














No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Analytics