Sunday, September 25, 2011

“Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination.”

It seems I make my way to my blog every time I need to be working on something else but I just don't feel like it yet.

Ah well, such is life. I read one of my old posts and it's kind of funny how much I can talk. and talk and talk and talk. And it's funny just how much I type/write/whatever exactly the same way I speak.

Whateva.

I can't believe I didn't tell you about the adventure Julia and I had in getting the football game last weekend!!

So we got back into town a lot later than we were expecting. After a series of mishaps, we eventually arrived at my apartment, hopped in my car and prayed for the best. We almost got into the Ridgecrest South deck, but that didn't pan out. We drove over by the paid parking because I had heard the Bryce Lawn parking was only $10 for the North Texas game, but obviously an hour before kickoff it was full. As we drove by the rest of the paid parking, we realized it had all been upped this year to $30. Thirty dollars?!!? That's INSANE. Plus, we didn't have that much cash on us. (Fun fact, one of them takes credit cards. That is ridiculous.)

But anyway. I remembered that the deck downtown was free and there was a dollar shuttle to the stadium. So we said sure, let's do that. We were both SO tired anyway that we figured we'd go, swipe in, stay for a quarter then go home. So we drive downtown to find that the deck is full. CURSES. All the surrounding lots are full as well, so we decided that I would drop Julia off, she'd swipe in, then we'd switch, I'd swipe in, then we'd go sleep. So as I'm driving down Greensboro to do this, I look over and I'm pretty certain there's a spot in front of Chuck's. I cut across two lanes (empty, of course, because everyone else is already at the game), pull a U-turn and pull into the most fabulous wonderful amazing miracle spot ever. I just kept telling Julia God was smiling on us. haha. So we walked over to the deck where the shuttle runs, bought our tickets (a dollar. a dollar. It was amazing.) and jumped on the trolley. After the most convoluted trek through downtown ever, we were dropped off in front of Rama Jama's, aka right behind the stadium. We weren't sure the lower bowl would be open, but we went for it. We strolled right through security, went inside and Annie had saved us both seats. AMAAAAAZING. And we were still there 40 minutes before kick-off.

We still were exhausted, but SO proud that we made it. I figured we would maybe stay for a half, but we ended up staying the ENTIRE game. It was one of the best game experiences I've ever had. I sat with Julia, Annie, Clay, Cameron, Ashley and several other people. It was so much fun. After the game, (which we won, duh.) Julia and I got in the line for the trolley. It only took like 15-20 minutes, really. We grabbed Jimmy Johns, went to her place to eat, then we parted ways from our super amazing adventure weekend.

That night I also got to see Gerbs and Cassidy!! I was so happy. It was only for like an hour, but I miss having Dan in my life, and Cassidy is amazing. I need to go down to NOLA and visit them really soon.

So that was last weekend. This week, I finished my pants (just in time) got my in-class history write back and didn't bomb it like I had expected, changed my CBH project, planned a ton for the senior show, and slept so little that I'm not sure I'm going to catch up.

Friday I went to Birmingham to go to Jo-Ann Fabrics. (ps, it is Jo-Ann. not Jo-Ann's.) I got the teal I was looking for and AMAZING fabric for Annie's Florida skirt. Oh yeah, did I mention that in the next four days I need to make outfits for the both of us for the AL/FL game? Yep. No sleep this week!

So that was good. I also went to Ross and found a gameday dress for the Arkansas game for ten bucks. Woohoo! When I came back I studied for International Trade, which is just a big barrel of fun. Theeeen I went to dinner with Thew and Kevin because YAY Matthew was in town this weekend!! It was fun. Got to park in the downtown deck this time because everywhere else was SO full. Curse you, Miss Sorority Row Pageant!

After that, I went to Robert's to watch movies with him, Heather and Julia. SO much fun. Oh goodness. I had never seen Hunchback of Notre Dame. There are A LOT of innuendos in that movie that I assume happy little 7 year olds don't get. We had a lot of fun.

Theeeeennnn yesterday I picked Julia up, we attempted the deck again, failed, parked a block away and took the trolley to the Arkansas game. We showed up about 2 hours before kick-off instead of 2 1/2 and it was PACKED! I was shocked. We still ended up with pretty decent seats, but it's just so weird. Also, the band now sits where we used to, so that shifted things a bit.

The game was a TON of fun. We soundly kicked their butts, it was excessively hot, but so so so much fun. I love football. I'm going to have to get in good with the UANYC alums when I move there so I can still watch all of the games with a bunch of people.

After the game, for some reason we waited for the stadium to almost completely empty. That was dumb. Julia and I had to wait for the trolley, and the line was backed up from Calvary to the stadium. Oops. We got to bond? haha. Matthew walked to his car and Clay rode his bike to my apartment. He beat us there by like 30 minutes. Our bad...

But yeah. Julia, Clay and Heather came over for dinner. I made pasta and we watch more football. Haha. Then we went to Julia's to get movies and we ended up watching Date Night. I realized about halfway through it that I had actually seen the entire thing before. Oops. After that I took everyone home and went to sleeeeep.

Today I have A LOT to get done. Which is why blogging right now is probably a bad idea. OH WELL. I'm going to finish my study guide for 447, start my history paper and hopefully start at least one skirt. Oh, and I have a meeting at 6. YAY SCHOOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Analytics