Saturday, August 20, 2011

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

Ah, blog, sorry I've neglected you lately. It's been a busy few weeks.

We stopped in Prattville Saturday night and stayed at a hotel. The Mexican restaurant across the street had 99 cent margaritas. Haha and they were pretty good. We got a few things at Kohl's and Bed Bath and Beyond and left for Tuscaloosa at 6ish in the morning.

Moving in was good. Thank goodness for Clay or I never would have gotten everything done. We got everything moved into the apartment in around 4 hours, including going back and forth to the storage unit. From there, it was just organization time. Amber stuck around and helped a ton. And of course Kevin helped me carry two things up. Haha. But it took us a while to get everything done. Dad went to Missouri Tuesday morning and mom and I stayed and kept putting stuff away and organizing. Coming back was hard. I didn't expect it to hit me as hard as it did. It put me in a funk for a few days, which didn't make moving much fun. Luckily, by Wednesday I was in the zone and we got a lot done. Mom and I headed out to Missouri on Thursday morning.

Missouri was fabulous. It was exactly what I needed. We floated on the river all day for three days straight and got to hang out and relax. I got SO tan and SO burnt. But it was good. One night it rained so we drank wine and played Yahtzee. Too much fun. Mom and I headed back to Tuscaloosa Sunday morning to get the rest done.

We had a lot of fun, and got most everything done. Dad came back Monday afternoon, and I convinced him to stay through to Tuesday morning. We got a lot more done, and they left at 5 am on Tuesday. It was SO nice to get to spend time with them. I've been so crazy this summer it was nice to sit in the river and bond.

This week I've been just trying to get organized and get used to being here again. I love Tuscaloosa, but it was really hard to leave NYC this time. I liked how independent the city makes you. I need to get used to relying on other people and being around everyone again. That sounds weird, but I was really happy with the city, so it's just getting back to where I was happy here.

Lindsay, Cody, Amber and I have been watching all the HP movies. I'd never seen any of them. They're pretty good, and it's been fun to hang out.

Anywho. I have lots of pictures I need to upload, but I'm just not feeling it tonight. We'll see tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Analytics