Saturday, February 12, 2011

"We live not according to reason, but according to fashion."

So who is excited about Fashion Week? Me? You? Everyone? Probably not everyone. But you and I are! So let's look at some photos!!

First off, I have heard A LOT of designers claim the 70's as their inspiration. And you can certainly tell. From the mustard yellow to the velvet, to the leisure suit-esque outfits, I find myself questioning a lot of the old standbys. What is this? Since when do we really want to bring the 70's back?

There also seems to be a surge of designers pulling inspiration from menswear for their womenswear collections. Which, obviously, makes me extremely happy.

Okay, so, after probably 2 or so hours of looking at every show up on style.com thus far, I give you:

MY FAVORITES!


Christian Siriano





He is one of the few Project Runway guys to actually make a legitimate name for himself. I like the progression of his show; dark to light, of course ending with the big evening gowns. I didn't love some of his choices, but overall I love his attention to detail and his awesome tailoring.


Edun



I had never heard of Edun before. Some of the prints were strange, but I love that they were put on wearable garments. The mixing was daring, but it's something that most people can handle.


Jason Wu





I.LOVE.JASON.WU.


Luca Luca



Yosemite as an inspiration? Love it.


Prabal Gurung



I have always loved him. 


Ruffian




 I had no idea who they were. And some of it is weird. But aren't these amazing?? And their inspo was the tuxedo. My love, my love, my love.


Rebecca Minkoff








Rebecca, I didn't know what I was missing. You are fabulous!


Rachel Zoe








Was anyone else unaware that Rachel was a designer now? Does anyone else wonder who is on her design team? Does anyone else really really love almost the entire collection?


Steven Alan



I'm glad to know of this man now. He's a little bit of a weirdo, but I love it. "He and his designers dove into Yosemite in the sixties, photographer Glen Denny's shots from his days as a tune-in, turn-on, drop-out climber in the Yosemite Valley. Cue the new Steven Alan man: a little natty, a little folksy, a Dylan in the desert."


So there you have it! There is A LOT more to come from F/W '11, and I can't promise this much of a dedication to the rest of the week, but I will do my best to keep you posted on all of the beauties coming out of it. Love it, love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Analytics